Saturday, June 4, 2011

No Mango No Cry

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted on this blog... when I started it, I was sure I would post frequently and eloquently.... at least frequently anyway!
Uncle Mikey's going strong, in stores throughout the state of Hawaii and in countries like France, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, Iraq, Turkey.... oh yea, how do'ya like me know! I don't know if it from being persistent or dumb but I love making great Hawaiian dried fruit !!
Speaking of that, what a dismal year for mango and lychee for that matter. People say it's cuz of the decline of the honey bee but if there ain't any flowers.... there isn't any pollenation goin' on! Crazy, throughout the state, growers are saying no flowers came out... If this is some kinda end-o-the-world crap, it figures that mango & lychee would be the first to go. Pretty sketchy for farmers of late, we have had a lot of thunder n lightning shows in the last 3 weeks, more than I can remember... lotsa rain!
Getting back to Uncle Mikey's, we are currently drying pineapple, banana, sunrise papaya & guava leather.... just did some experimetin' with Mountain Apple... pretty sweet....
Hopeful it won't be years til my next post....
Aloha from Kauai

3 comments:

kailuabear said...

Aloha Uncle Mikey!
I sure admire all the work you did to get your business so successful. I am just getting started with a dehydrated product and am finding so many challenges I hadn't expected or ever experienced before. You are all the way out there in beautiful
Kauai and made it work. I just want to say you have
given hope that I can do it too!

kailuabear said...

Aloha Uncle Mikey!
I so admire all the work you have done to make your company such a success! I am just getting started with a dehydrated product I have created and am finding a lot of challenges. You have renewed my hope and belief that I, too, can do it!
Much Mahalo,
Terry
Oahu

kailuabear said...

Oh! I was having trouble with my Google info and didn't think my first comment went through. Guess
they both did!
If you want to write back to me, my email address is
kailuabear2003@yahoo.com

Mahalo
Terry